Friday, April 23, 2010

“Being a husband is a crime”

My mother has a kidney problem and my sister is mentally challenged. After my marriage, instead of taking care of them, my wife started treating them very badly. One day, I was shocked to find a love letter written by my wife to her lover. When I spoke to her about it, my wife became furious and left our Mumbai home. She came back after a year but her behaviour towards my mother and sister did not change. After a few days, she suddenly demanded divorce from me and considering the scenario, I agreed. We filed a writ for divorce but after 18 months, she backtracked and accused me of fraud.

I knew she might file a false case under Section 498A. I wrote a letter to the Human Rights Commission and Mumbai Police Commissioner regarding my case. However, my apprehensions proved right when she actually filed a case and police arrested me and my father on November 24, 2009. We were put behind the bars for three days. If this was not enough, another case was filed against me under Domestic Violence Act. Since my father remained in jail for more than 24 hours, he was suspended from his job. My mother is ill and needs injections at regular intervals. Each injection costs around Rs 2,000, it has become impossible for us to sustain.
For Complete IIPM Article, Click on IIPM Article

Source :
IIPM Editorial, 2009


An IIPM and Professor Arindam Chaudhuri (Renowned Management Guru and Economist) Initiative

Read these article :-

No comments: